Friday, December 23, 2011

SUNSET LINES

I got a call, the caller said, "I stared at his tired eyes, for a moment I wanted to be drowned in that pool of sorrow. His hair is turning into grey day by day, and he looked thinner than yesterday, I wanted to hold his hand and ask him, "What ails you, my beloved?", but could not for I feared that I will be one of the reasons for his pain. I wanted to tell him that he was a cynic, wanted him to look at the first rainbow of next year, wanted him to know that whatever he thinks is not what it is, and that I was feeling bored. But, I could not for deep down inside I know that I am one of the reasons for his cold behaviour. I have to choose the words before I utter it, they might break him, they might build him strong, he has become just like a baby. I am scared that he has forgotten how great flights of seagulls were learned through several stumbles, I do not want him to give up loving, admiring and desiring me. He does look at me with the same affection, the spark that he had ignited still burns in my heart, but something is wrong, his coffee does not get cold as it use to be. 


He knows that I am allergic to garlic, he always made sure that the menu does not have the enemy in it. Today, he did not tell anything to the waitress, so I am down here with a swollen face. Did I expected so much from him? Maybe I did, I forgot that he was a human at the end of the day. We learned from our mistakes, but he hardly makes any mistakes, I am sure that deep down he has a progress report of my personality, maybe I have more red lines than distinctions. Oh! I am totally confused. I want him to love me more than this. He was always a good listener, but I feel that we are now worlds apart. He wants to talk about everything except us,  I got him, I want to keep him but it is like he has given up on me. I do not know where I went wrong, for he seems so right, and my love for him seems so perfect. I see love in his eyes, yes, it is a whole circle, it is not in part, I know he does love me. But, his actions just betrays what I see. I am drifting in this confusion...I want to get a solution for this." 

                                            Saying these she hung up the phone.

                                                                     



Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...