Monday, December 5, 2011

CHRISTMAS SONATA



When I was a child, I liked the candles, the cares and the cakes;
I liked the trees, the twinkling lights and the cards,
Christmas was always close to my heart,
My Saviour’s birth,  my sin’s death.

In my teenage years, I liked people wearing the best of coats and jackets;
The make-up in women’s faces- glorious and rich with red,
 I liked the Preacher’s message, the dishes and the photo shots;
Could look up above the sky to give more than, a passing glance.

Now, in my twenties I have to say that, I have never been kissed under mistletoe;
Over laden with works, worlds apart, I miss my family; I miss the childhood’s enthusiasm,
I called my mother just to say, “Ama, I won’t be home for Christmas.”
I am praying hard to fill the air with Christ’s lovely magic, to find myself jubilating in His birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...