Saturday, March 10, 2012

I THOUGHT IT WAS A DREAM

Two hearts beating as one;
You looked at me and I was whole,
Days and nights were rivers of memory,
Finding no reasons to leave you, like woolen socks during winter.
I thought it was a Dream.

And you took me to the rocky garden,
Kissed me, and we laughed at your shivers;
The sparks in your eyes were the love you hold,
And the cheap biscuits were fine, so was the distant sunset.
I thought it was a Dream.

But, the love and blue shirts got faded,
The wine never filled the glass;
Now, we are just friends trying to find the easiest way out,
I thought it was a Dream...
Indeed it was a Dream.

*The edited version of this poem can be found in Ayangti Longkumer's Magic Quill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Allegory on Conformity

There was a village inhabited by scrawny people. They often wondered, why they never put on weight? Once, in their village came an obese gir...