Monday, January 11, 2021

Special Feature: A Note of Gratitude



I started off with the blogging in the year 2011. It started with a phase in my life when I was low and filled with so much of unspoken hatred towards a particular being. I would not possibly murder anyone so I channelized my anger in producing posts which were worth reading. Initially, I made so much of typo errors as I did not give much time for editing, making the Grammar Nazis to degrade my writings. Now, I think I have improved a lot, these days, we have software so this is not an issue, I believe. However, lack of ideas is something which cannot be fixed by any software and God has installed a good programme of ideas in me, it’s inbuilt, that’s how my blog is still surviving.

Starting 2015 onwards I tried applying for AdSense, which means Google will post advertisements on my blog and through it I will generate some revenue. But, my application was rejected. It took me five years and half to get the congratulatory note from Google. This January, yes, 2021 is the year for me, my blog was declared eligible. You can see on the right side of the screen, what all ads are being highlighted. You know what? It would have not been possible if there were no readers, and when I say, readers, I mean dedicated readers, who not only read my posts although some of it were/are pure bore, but also shared the link of those posts. I want to thank those readers; they are my family members, friends, students, special ones or simply stranger readers. I might not be able to thank you personally but there is something called karma, the reason why our universe was formed, it will work on you too.

In the year 2018, I didn’t write anything on my blog, you can check the bar, it is empty. I thought of even deleting my blog such was the depressive stage. However, there were people who kept on appreciating my writing skills and complimented me for my old posts, even if they were not aware of my state of mind. They were angels in disguise, their words kept me strong.

Finally, I don’t know what future holds for me but one thing for sure, jab tak hai jaan, I will write and will even rewrite the stars…

Lastly, below is a poem…samajdar ko ishara kafi hai…wink!

 

Although you were hours late

-and the night was cold,

Thanks for the Kafka dreams,

-coffee, cake, the gifts.

Although I never painted your dreams

-and I was never a good liar,

Thanks for the gratitude, admiration

-happiness, memories.

Although you don’t have a castle to save

-and I am no damsel in distress,

Thanks for the royal chivalry

-befitting a King in Knight’s armour. 

Although we never had what it takes to be one

-and to have a love story,

Thanks for the hope and more hopes

-hope to see you again.

                                                                          Although We Never Had

 

                                                                                               

2 comments:

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...