Thursday, December 31, 2015

THE WEDDING-END OF THE AISLE, BEGINNING OF THE NEW CHAPTER


Spring, 2006


We became friends even without knowing how,

But the story of how I met her and him is better kept for another day,

Let me narrate their love story which ultimately ended in marriage,

Let’s flip the pages of my journal, I’ve some role- two or three.

It was the Winter of 2008 before leaving Delhi for Christmas,

I told him there is someone I really want him to meet; he laughed,

After the Christmas, I told the same thing to her, she laughed,

I texted her his number, I texted him her number and waited for the progress.

Things were developing between the two, I was not too unaware,

They aren’t social-network savvy, love happens offline anyway,

She didn't have a Facebook account, he wasn't active in Facebook,

And WhatsApp wasn't around,

What they did was call and text with their face unseen.

Then came the Summer of 2009, she wanted a picture of him,

He took me to a photo studio, we clicked a picture perfect,

They exchanged headshot from Delhi to Dimapur to Delhi via me,

The pictures receive their smiles, something magical was around.

Things must not have been smooth, but they sailed victoriously,

After many Summers and Winters, he asked, will you? And she said, I do.

Dated for seven years, like a dream on Winter of 2015, they married.

That’s their love story, I’ll keep it for their children to hear.

As for me, I’ll date numerous men,

I will fall in love but with one,

He won’t give me butterflies in the stomach,

Just numerous cardiac arrests and a coma.

Bro David &Amen , 2015

1 comment:

5 MISTAKES YOU SHOULD NEVER MAKE AT WORK PLACE

Opinions are strictly personal. No harm intended. 1. Never engage in a romantic liaison with your co-worker until and unless this romance en...