Friday, November 6, 2015

THE PICTURE ON MY WALL SAYS, MY REPLY

A woman should…
be a feminist during her college days,
(I didn’t get it. I mean- feminist should extend beyond one’s graduation)
be a career minded and care oriented,
(I see, someone wants me to be a nurse huh!)
play the game of hide and seek with her suitor,
(But it sounds so juvenile)
dare to stay happily unmarried all her life,
(This point is something I really agree and love, I don’t know why)
love being a woman,
(That’s so obvious)
buy flowers for herself,
(Flowers are expensive, occasionally yes, but most of the time plucking over buying)
feel the wind on her face,
(And the sun rays on my bum)
go camping, go trekking,
(Alone? What if some psycho attacks me with an axe?)
be shy, be bold,
(Yes, especially when I have a tummy upset)
trust men occasionally,
(I do trust men, especially cab drivers)
give that second chance to everyone,
(I am trying but some people are too cheap, they are not worth it)
be a romantic,
(Any day)
get emotionally hyped over nothing and cool down suddenly,
(I have a PhD in that)
go on a diet, yet, eat chocolates and ice-cream,
(No dieting, yes jogging)
het high ‘n stay high of life, love her man and her reflection,
(Yes, can’t say now, yes)
learn to love herself,
(Of course but not the narcissistic wala love)
kiss herself good night in the mirror,
(I do, but it gets scary at night)
get wild, tame her tears,
(Get wild? Innuendo! Tame her tears? I am a cowboy)
break rules-lead the dances,
(That’s what)
drive her man’s car,
(Boring!)
run his bank account,
(Boring!)
manage his business, wear his clothes,
(Boring! But, I would love to wear his branded clothes)
yet know that he’s man and she’s the woman,
(After reading all these points?)
get flattered,
(Only if he appreciates my talent)
wear latest fashion and wear fine diamonds, for no special reason,
(We need money for that)
lay down principles in her life,
(A must)
go out for window shopping all alone,
(You need not tell me this)
know the way to her man’s heart,
(Excellent cooking? Wait a minute, did Brad Pitt fall for Angelina Jolie coz she was a great cook? No. I need a map to fit at this point)
never forget the little girl within.
(Never ever. There lives a little girl in my heart who is neither spoilt nor immature)

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Allegory on Conformity

There was a village inhabited by scrawny people. They often wondered, why they never put on weight? Once, in their village came an obese gir...