Sunday, July 29, 2012

FOR KIMDE ON HER BAKING SKILL





                                                                                 Under the candle light she bakes the bread of hope;
Kimde Marak
Her shirt has stains of vanilla essence, sweet she smells every season,
The cookies on the tray carry the mark of her enduring love;
She sets the temperature for the feeling of warm contentment.
God has touched her pie; it cures the worse of sorrow,
When her finger touches the flour mercy gets a new name;
She gives delight to all the weary hungry souls,
And now all I wonder is when will I get a piece of her magic.

                                                                                              

*The edited version of this poem can be found in Ayangti Longkumer's Magic Quill.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you were alone at your darkest hour. Flash backs of our happy childhood keep coming back. . We've through some hardships together but this time you bottled it all inside and decided it was enough. I still miss your chocolate chip cookies that you sent me before exams. And birthdays/ friendship days will never be the same without seeing your sweet messages pop on my mobile screen. I wish you turned to me. Had I become so distant? Regrets fill my heart for all the times I hurt you - and regrets they stay. Thank you for being part of my life. Our memories I will always cherish . Know that I love you and will miss you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through good times and bad time in college we were together but I am so sorry that you were so alone and hurt. sorry my dear friend. Wherever you are god bless your soul. Know that we love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...