Tuesday, November 29, 2011

PATH OF MY FOREFATHERS- A BLESSING FOR THE GENERATIONS


                                     

                                                In sands of time I have seen your face,
Your wisdom cannot be compared;
No, no matter how high I fly my intellectual plane,
The radiant glow of your love and compassion burns my pride into ashes.

Learning from thee the rules of life,
With mighty perseverance comes great prosperity;
                                               I know never will I be mislead by it,
 For in your pearly path I find the source of my existence...and so will the ones after me.

 (Believe it or not, this poem won the 3rd Prize in Poetry category in my College literary fest/week)

*The edited version of this poem can be found in Ayangti Longkumer's Magic Quill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...