Tuesday, November 29, 2011

JNU LETTER WRITING CONTEST: FOR MY BELOVED


*I wrote this letter for ‘Love Letter competition’, it was conducted by one of the Men’s hostel ( the name I don’t dare to cite), JNU; as a curtain raiser for their Hostel Night 2010.  Lol! It won the second prize.                               

                                                              
Beloved,
                     I was never a believer in love at first sight until I laid my eyes on you. How can you walk into someone’s life just like a summer breeze? Do you have any clue how perfect you are, even the dust below you feet shy away when you put your majestic feet on the ground. The sky blushes and the lark drop its head, when you step out from your nest. Every expression of yours draws me closer to you.  Your name is the healing balm to my painful soul, every time you walk an inch closer towards me I find the meaning of my existence.

Every day I am learning to love you more and more, for you deserve it, for you are beautiful inside out. Your laughter brings tears to my eyes for it reflects the magnificent innocence in you.  I am dying to be encircled in your arms; to feel the breath of your mind, the gentle beat of your heart. You have got the most beautiful fingers in the whole of the universe, I love to see the way you flip the pages of your book, and you do not have any sense of how I wish to be that book you hold.  But, I have to ask for forgiveness for I will not be in this world for long, so says my doctor and my parents. Time is the only thing that has the power to understand love, and it is the only thing which I could not give it to you. I dare not to count the days of my life; I hate my calendar as much as I love you.  

But, even if I bade goodbye to this world I will never stop loving you, I will love you from where I will be, like a sun or like a star in the day and in the night. I will follow you not a shadow but like bacon of light which shows you the way of love. And when you meet that special someone of yours, I know you will find me in her. I love you then; I love you now and will love you forever.
                                                         
                                                                                                                                   Call me by any name; I am yours and only yours.

1 comment:

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...