Saturday, November 17, 2012

LINES OF GRATITUDE FOR MY (IMAGINARY) FRIEND



I have seen you, I have touched you;
You possessed a fine skin and curly locks,
Your dress was always like the clear sky;
You had blood lips, full and quiet.
I liked the black butterfly clip you wore;
And I liked the way you cared about my dolls,
You had a broad forehead like mine,
Never did you open your mouth but always nodded to what I said.
Dear you were the solace in my distress,
And you were my companion in my toothache;
You were the jar where I poured complaints of this adult world.


*The edited version of this poem can be found in Ayangti Longkumer's Magic Quill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...