Thursday, May 3, 2012

CHASING RAINBOW


Will my life be worth living if it is not for the dream I am holding?
Every day I look at the dawn, and see my horizon an inch closer to me,
The greatness I want to achieve needs diligence;
Yet! I have to constantly brush off my doubts of not seeing rain of contentment.

Where do I get my hopes and strength from? For the road to success in not car in a posh street,
In every twist and turns I am global by choices; will the right one be the best one?
I have to look at the sky and gave more than a passing glance;
I cannot take a day or a night for granted.

Day by day I am learning to grow, running when others crawling,
I am not going to give up fighting for my dreams to come true;
There might be thunders of disappointments, lightings of frustration welcoming a storm,
But I will be strong, for my dreams will have splendid colours- I am chasing rainbow.


*The edited version of this poem can be found in Ayangti Longkumer's Magic Quill.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gap Year: Invest in Your Future

It's perfectly okay to take a gap year. Our state board has recently declared the Class-12 results. As usual, the majority of students f...